Sylonia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Sylonia  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Register  Log inLog in  

Updating you all

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Killgore
Metal Admin
Metal Admin
Killgore

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Updating you all Empty
PostSubject: Updating you all   Updating you all EmptyFri May 01, 2009 11:34 pm

I've been really busy the past few weeks thanks to my english teacher. Fisrt a 10-minute speech on a poem of our choice (ugh) and second a 4-page report on Elvis!

And while i was trying to finish my report a while ago, i've been contemplating something for a little. Would you keep the site running the way it is gradually updating little things as we go, or take on a massive re-write that will include LOADS of cool new features? Features would include a very extensive reward system, a PM system from which i can PM you your rewards and you can PM each other, more features for your profile on the site, and not to mention the shop should come along much faster since I've already done most of the work already, just a simple copy and paste job Wink

If we were to go ahead with the re-write, I'd make the hatchings a bit different, one that's much easier on the server. With just under 100 members, we almost ran out of bandwidth almost every month Shocked And also, all previous adoptables will be re-released and the shinies will all be automatically programmed into the script so i don't have to add a second form of the adoptable to give out shinies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sylonia.comyr.com/adoptables/index.php
KAL-EL

KAL-EL

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Updating you all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating you all   Updating you all EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:53 am

I will be happy with whatever is easier for you, if you add small updates a bit at a time, or do a massive script re-write, I will go along with either, and keep adopting and raising them, just wondering ,if you do the massive switch, will we keep our adoptables and all of the pearls we have earned already?
Back to top Go down
taco man

taco man

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Updating you all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating you all   Updating you all EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:51 pm

i would chose little changes over time. because if you do the re-write it might take a while for everyone to get used to the changes. in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Killgore
Metal Admin
Metal Admin
Killgore

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Updating you all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating you all   Updating you all EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:21 am

KAL-EL wrote:
I will be happy with whatever is easier for you, if you add small updates a bit at a time, or do a massive script re-write, I will go along with either, and keep adopting and raising them, just wondering ,if you do the massive switch, will we keep our adoptables and all of the pearls we have earned already?
Hm. Technically no, since the database would be reconfigured. However, i could always save how many each user has in a text document and give them the same amount back when you register.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sylonia.comyr.com/adoptables/index.php
Sponsored content

Updating you all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating you all   Updating you all Empty

Back to top Go down

Updating you all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sylonia  :: Updates, News, and Announcements :: Forum and Site Updates-
Jump to: